About the job
Who We Are
Zerion is the ultimate investment interface for decentralized finance (DeFi) and NFTs, allowing users to discover every asset on the market, trade at the best rates and manage their entire portfolio from one place.
- 200K+ Monthly Active Users
- One of the largest players in the mobile DeFi space
- $700M+ transaction volume year to date
- 55k Zerion NFTs claimed in a recent campaign
We believe in an open financial future: one where people own the assets and have inclusive access to opportunities around the world.
Zerion is seeking a talented and driven Android engineer (Kotlin) to help the team push the status quo of global financial markets. The ideal candidate is compelled by the applications and opportunities of crypto, Web 3.0, and blockchain technologies and enthusiastic about bringing the benefits of decentralization and inclusive access for financial opportunities to a broad consumer audience. You will help define the user experience of the next generation of fintech applications and will co-own the app for the Google, Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi ecosystems together with an extremely talented Android engineer. You will work with hardworking cross-functional teams to deliver product updates, optimize product metrics, and ensure that all features are extremely high quality.
About The Role
- Define the Web 3.0 experience for Android users. You will work closely with product, engineering, and growth teams to create an unmatched user experience and drive growth.
- Architecture. Working with both blockchain and traditional Web 2.0 technologies creates many challenging tasks on how to organize and structure applications keeping performance and security in mind.
- Mission. The company’s mission is to provide equal access to DeFi financial assets for all people with internet access. We are looking for people who share this vision and want to make it a reality.
What you will do
- Write bug-free, well-structured and efficient code
- Support, build, and ship our Android application, with an understanding of platform best practices and release lifecycle.
- Embrace a close collaboration with cross-platform colleagues to provide a cohesive experience, tailored to Android best practices.
- Identify technical debt and improve the quality of the codebase
What we are looking for
- A strong professional experience building and shipping native Android apps with design patterns in Android SDK and Java/Kotlin, such as Dependency Injection and MVP/MVVM.
- Excellent knowledge of Kotlin, Java
- Solid knowledge of basic algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- A strong experience in finding and fixing security Android bottlenecks
- An experience with RESTful web services and socked based APIs
You’re likely to succeed if you have
- An experience with functional programmings, such as RxJava, Kotlin Flow
- 2-3 published Android apps in Google play
- Solid knowledge of the material design principles and experience in collaboration with the design team
- An experience with Dagger2/Hilt, Realm, CI (Github actions, Bitrise Jenkins and etc.)
- A natural curiosity and stay well-informed of new architecture, design patterns, libraries, and techniques, recognizing the difference between a game-changing technology and a passing fad.
- A passion for a financial application, Web 3.0.
You are likely a perfect candidate if you have
- Worked with apps on the Chinese market
- Built apps on Huawei, Samsung, Xiaomi devices.
- Interest in using Jetpack compose.
- Improved app performance with profiling tools on all layers from core system calls to UI.
- Understanding how financial markets and instruments work.
- Knowledge of Blockchain systems, dApps, smart contracts and Web3 applications.
- Founder / Startup experience
- You aped into degen tokens or NFTs and got rekt a few times
- Experience scaling products through constant learning and experimentation, in fast-paced and rapidly changing industries
- Excellent product intuition and taste.
- Passion for snowboarding, wake surfing, skateboarding, kitesurfing, or other active sports.
Compensation And Benefits
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial inclusion across the world. You’ll also be joining us at the beginning of a new chapter giving you the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of the company.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, startup environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space
- Salary & benefits: Get a competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited days off: We want our employees to recharge their batteries and explore who they are outside of the office.
- Distributed Team: Zerion is a fully remote team with team members all over the world. We believe in asynchronous collaboration, finding your own work rhythm, and a healthy work-life balance. We also have a physical presence in several major cities around the world to make remote work seamless and fun.