About Empiric Labs Empiric Labs is building essential zk-rollup infrastructure for Ethereum. Our work is at the cutting edge of cryptography and blockchain technology.
We are building Empiric Network, the first live oracle on StarkNet and the leading provider of robust data feeds to the ecosystem today. The network is powered by data partners that include Alameda Research, Jane Street, Gemini, CMT Digital, Flow Traders and more. Because Empiric Network is entirely on-chain, protocols using Empiric finally have access to data that is as verifiable, transparent and secure as the smart contracts themselves. Empiric is also pioneering computational feeds that combine its high-quality, real-time market data in novel ways — entirely on-chain and verifiable by leveraging zero-knowledge computation. These advanced computational feeds will enable the next generation of DeFi protocols to go beyond what is possible today.
We recently raised a $7M seed round led by Variant and joined by ecosystem partners such as StarkWare and Sandeep Nailwal (Polygon), as well as a stellar group of investors such as Thomas Bailey (Road Capital), Marc Bhagarva (Tagomi), Luke Pearson (Polychain), Max Kleiman-Weiner (Sequoia), Tekin Salimi (DAO5), Tarun Chitra (Gauntlet) and Robert Leshner (Compound).
You can read more at our docs and take a look at our open source code.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and solve strategic and operational challenges, such as onboarding processes and office logistics, and then communicate and collaborate to implement those changes across the organization
- Keep the company running smoothly, from ensuring compliance with reporting requirements to facilitating employee well-being
- Help identify, develop and maintain operational performance metrics for the business that adapt to our fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Supporting the identification and setup of new business processes and the improvement of existing ones
- Optional: Research key strategic, operational and technology market related topics and questions to underpin strategic discussions, analysis and decision making
- Living in NYC or willing to move there (we’re open to sponsor visa extensions)
- >2y experience with operations at a VC-backed startup company, ideally in fintech or crypto
- Passion for Web3, ideally with past professional experience in the space
- Have high ownership in a setting that values your perspective and encourages you to bias towards action to continuously improve
- Work with our executive team to set up our company for success during a phase of rapid growth
- Be at the cutting edge of web3 and help build critical infrastructure for the future of Ethereum
- Learn together with a world-class team in a no bullshit work environment that has high expectations and helps you achieve them
- Work on a project that is growing extremely quickly and has clear product-market fit in an existing market — while also pursuing moonshot opportunities to re-define trustless data fetching
- Above-market compensation and meaningful equity