About Empiric Labs Empiric Labs is building essential zk-rollup infrastructure for Ethereum. Our work is at the cutting edge of cryptography and blockchain technology.
We are building Empiric Network, the first live oracle on StarkNet and the leading provider of robust data feeds to the ecosystem today. The network is powered by data partners that include Alameda Research, Jane Street, Gemini, CMT Digital, Flow Traders and more. Because Empiric Network is entirely on-chain, protocols using Empiric finally have access to data that is as verifiable, transparent and secure as the smart contracts themselves. Empiric is also pioneering computational feeds that combine its high-quality, real-time market data in novel ways — entirely on-chain and verifiable by leveraging zero-knowledge computation. These advanced computational feeds will enable the next generation of DeFi protocols to go beyond what is possible today.
We recently raised a $7M seed round led by Variant and joined by ecosystem partners such as StarkWare and Sandeep Nailwal (Polygon), as well as a stellar group of investors such as Thomas Bailey (Road Capital), Marc Bhagarva (Tagomi), Luke Pearson (Polychain), Max Kleiman-Weiner (Sequoia), Tekin Salimi (DAO5), Tarun Chitra (Gauntlet) and Robert Leshner (Compound).
You can read more at our docs and take a look at our open source code.
What You’ll Do
- Develop secure contracts that make up our entirely on-chain architecture (Cairo & Solidity)
- Create both internal and public tooling that will help us and the ecosystem move faster
- Create smart contracts on the Ethereum L1 that bridge over critical data, such as Uniswap TWAP rates or Aave overnight rates (Solidity)
- Think from first principles to tackle challenges at the cutting edge of cryptography, smart contracts and data – prioritizing safety and robustness
- You’re living in NYC and willing to come to the office
- You have deployed smart contracts to mainnet before that have traction (in terms of usage and / or TVL and / or transaction volume)
- >2y of professional experience, bonus if you’ve worked in smart contract auditing (e.g. OpenZeppelin, Nethermind, Consensys, Trails Of Bits, Zelic…)
- Please share your GitHub account, and if possible link to some of the smart contracts you’ve worked on
- Big bonus if you’ve experience with the Starknet ecosystem (specifically the Cairo programming language)
- Be at the cutting edge of web3 and help build critical infrastructure for the future of Ethereum
- Learn together with a world-class team, and our friends at StarkWare and within the StarkNet ecosystem
- A fast-paced, no bullshit work environment that has high expectations and helps you achieve them
- Work on a project that is growing extremely quickly and has clear product-market fit in an existing market — while also pursuing moonshot opportunities to re-define trustless data fetching
- Above-market compensation and meaningful equity